The Bed System for the Budget Conscious.
The Murphy Bed mechanism is the most proven of all wallbed designs, having been in use for over 100 years.
This design will provide years of trouble-free use and operate for thousands of cycles. Our mechanism is constructed of high quality steel and is then Powder-Coated with a scratch proof, black ridge finish.
The counter-balance extension springs are made of high tensile strength piano wire. The number of springs you use may be increaed or decreased depending on the weight of the mattress and other bedding. We provide you with sufficient springs to balance heavier mattresses. A nylon webbing strap holds the mattress in position at all times.
Our Murphy Bed assembly may be attached to the floor, however we have developed our new Wall Mount Bracket to enable the installer to mount directly to the baseboard and not have to cut into carpet, wood floor, or concrete!
The legs located at the foot of the bed extend and lock automatically when the bed is in use and the they automatically store when the bed is raised. The legs also feature rubber feet to protect the flooring
Hardware only. Does not include wooden or fabric parts.
Murphy Bed DIY System - Mechanism + Frame.
- high-quality steel construction - Powder-Coated in scratch proof, black ridge finish.
- The counterbalance extension springs are made of high tensile strength piano wire.
- The number of springs may be increaed or decreased depending on the weight of the mattress and other bedding. Sufficient springs are provided to balance heavier mattresses.
- The assembly may be attached to the floor or baseboard using our new Wall Mount Bracket - don’t cut into carpet, wood floor, or concrete!
- The legs located at the foot of the bed extend and lock automatically when the bed is in use. The legs are automatically stored when the bed is raised. The legs feature rubber feet to protect the floor.
- A nylon webbing strap holds the mattress in position at all times.
- The Murphy Bed mechanism has a lifetime warranty
The mattress is supported by a three piece base using the construction materials and methods of a standard box spring mattress base.
- The mattress foundation is attached to the side rails of the Murphy Bed through pre-positioned screw holes in the rails.
- The mattress of choice - up to 12” thick - is then installed and held in place with the provided nylon webbing strap.
- The user of MB-Murphy Bed mechanisms may wish to provide their own mattress foundation. All mattress companies offer this product for immediate delivery. Some users also may wish to create their own base using 1/2” or 3/4” plywood. A cut list for this option iss located with the cabinet cut list.
3 PIECE PLYWOOD MATTRESS FOUNDATION
1/2” OR 3/4” thick or Edgeband perimeter edges and prefinished or covered with fabric
Standard mattress sizes:
- SINGLE / TWIN: 39” x 75”
- FULL / DOUBLE 55” x 75”
- QUEEN: 60” x 80”
Mattress thicknesses vary from 6” to 15” thick
You may use a mattress with Murphy Bed equipped with MB-WMB, up to 12” thick, however you may need a deeper cabinet to accomodate this thickness. A 16” deep cabinet will accept up to a 10” thick mattress.
WALL MOUNT BRACKETS
Murphy Bed Wall Mount bracket is the adaptor that attaches the Murphy Bed mechanism to the baseboard. MB-WMB is slotted so the user has flexibility in the thickness of the mattress and the depth of the cabinet.
Frame Size 90 x 190 cm
Bed Size - Can make Bed Sizes:
90 x 190 cm
100 x 200 cm
120 x 210 cm